I cannot tell you how long I’ve been fantasizing about adding purses to my collection of handmade items. Forever. Since I started making wallets, I’ve always dreamed about adding a simple little crossbody purse. Well my friends, that time has come.
My first stab at purses over the summer was just all wrong, but it allowed me to revision certain design elements of the ideal purse. I wanted it to be compact, the kind of purse you take on a brisk walk around down. I wanted it to be sturdy and hold a rounded shape. And I wanted to keep using vintage fabric because vintage materials are the jam on my toast. All of this to say is that when I scaled my first drafted pattern down by about 35%, I ended up with an adorable little purse.
So here is what you need to know about the purses:
- Simple fold-over design with a magnetic snap closure.
- One outside zippered pocket for your valuables.
- One inner pocket for little treasures.
- Detachable eco-cotton strap, that I can make longer for you depending on your crossbody needs.
- Quilted for durability and cuteness.
- Reinforced and made to last.
- Go to www.etsy.com/shop/sweetpotatoseams to purchase
Needless to say, the purses are glad to make your acquaintance! Right now there are only 2 in the shop, but definitely expect more over the coming weeks, just in time for the holidays.